Please complete the Following Fundraising Application in the event that your team would like to fundraise. This application must accompany a copy of your Team Budget which can be sent to our Parents Auxiliary Board Member at firstname.lastname@example.org
If/once your application is approved you will receive written notice from the LMHA Parent Auxiliary Board Member. DO NOT START FUNDRAISING UNTIL YOU RECEIVE WRITTEN APPROVAL.
The following Policy is in place in section K of the LMHA Bylaws and Policies Manual and must be adhered to.
Team Fundraising Sources
Soliciting Funds from Businesses (Sponsorships)
- In order to cover costs throughout the year, a team may wish to have a fundraiser. Any fundraiser must be approved beforehand by LMHA.
- Soliciting funds from businesses includes donations of cash, products or services, as well as paying for advertising or promotions
- Teams are permitted to raise funds through these activities subject to limitations or restrictions imposed by LMHA
- Businesses who have provided funding to LMHA in the form of jersey sponsorship, will display a sign in their business recognizing their contribution to the association. A list of these businesses will also be made available to each team manager as well as be posted on LMHA website. These businesses should not be solicited for additional funding by teams unless a parent or player has a direct connection to the people who manage the business.
- If any team encounters a business which expresses concern over the amount of times that they have been approached to provide funds for LMHA, they are asked to advise LMHA. LMHA will in turn request that teams refrain from approaching this business.
- Community fundraising activates may include product sales like chocolates, raffles, skate-a-thons, bottle drives, flyer delivery, social funds and other activities which do not involve solicitation of businesses.
- No team shall be involved in a fundraiser which involves alcohol, unless approval has been given by LMHA
- 50/50 sales at home games (excluding tournaments) can be a source of funds for teams.
Any fundraiser proposal submitted that involves selling products from a source outside our community will need cost comparisons from our local suppliers to justify the choice to go outside our community. This does not mean that the proposal will be approved. LMHAâ€™s message is â€œLetâ€™s buy local and support the community that supports us.â€
Restrictions on use of Fundraising Profits
- Funds obtained from solicitation of businesses or money allocated from LMHA may only be used towards expenses that enhance player development. Such â€˜itemsâ€™ may include the following:
- Tournament entry fees
- Additional ice purchased within or outside of Lloydminster
- Motivational speakers of material to develop the physical or mental skills of the player
- Bus costs for games or tournaments
*Money cannot be allocated for personal vehicle use*
- Head coach expenses if the person is not a parent
- Dry land training (Equipment/gym rental)
- Team photo and frame for Team Sponsor
- Money received from LMHA or Sponsorship may be used to cover accommodation of players and coaching staff of any team traveling to participate in Provincial Play.
- Parent Donations may cover the cost of times such as the following:
- Team Clothing
- Playersâ€™ socks
- Team Meals
- Coaching Staff gifts
- Playersâ€™ rooms